Subject: Re: XFree86 4.4.0
To: Juliusz Chroboczek <jch@pps.jussieu.fr>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: tech-x11
Date: 03/12/2004 17:01:40
Juliusz Chroboczek <jch@pps.jussieu.fr> writes:
> A lot of us XFree86 developers are rather unhappy with the new
> licence, and were hoping for OS vendors to strenghen our hand by
> refusing to import 4.4.0 in their trees.
>
> I personally take your importing of 4.4.0 into NetBSD as a very
> disappointing lack of support.

NetBSD's own license is indistinguishable from the one in 4.4 -- we
would be hypocrites if we refused XF 4.4 because of the new license. I
myself can't see any particular reason to dislike it.

Let me also note that it is unreasonable to expect outsiders to
involve themselves in your internal political fight. NetBSD has its
hands full with its own politics already -- we don't need more...

--
Perry E. Metzger		perry@piermont.com