Subject: Re: XFree86 4.4.0 has been released
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Marc Recht <recht@netbsd.org>
List: tech-x11
Date: 03/01/2004 18:04:07
--==========FEC49C239E6A7CD16BAA==========

> Nonetheless, they have. The only non-BSD thing about the license
> is that you have to include the license in the binary distribution,
> which we already do (in "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/doc/LICENSE"), so there's
> evidently no problem.

Ok. That's all I wanted to know. So everything is fine.

[...]

> In particular, though, it wouldn't serve our interests at all if
> freedesktop's goal of having the X reference sources GPL'd is met,

Were is stated that freedesktop's goal is to have everything GPL'd ?? I=20
took a quick look at some of the packages in CVS and they all had the 1.0=20
version of the XFree86 license.

> so I submit we should side with XFree86, at least until the code
> bases have diverged enough to make a decision on a technical basis.

I'd say we shouldn't side with any side.

Cheers,
Marc

--==========FEC49C239E6A7CD16BAA==========

--==========FEC49C239E6A7CD16BAA==========--