Subject: Re: XFree86 4.4.0 has been released
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Marc Recht <recht@netbsd.org>
List: tech-x11
Date: 03/01/2004 15:06:45
--==========1470312259FB8A494103==========

> As far as I've heared, the only thing added was the advertisement clause
> ("If you use our product, please say so in docs etc.").

So, it's some kind of BSD style license?

> I think one can hardly deny that to someone whose work you use, and =
refuse
> to give them the credits where they are due.

I agree everyone has the right to put his/her work under the license he/she =

likes.

The only thing I'd like to see is that we carefully revise the new license. =

I doubt that Debian/OpenBSD (and the others) would reject the inclusion of=20
XF4.4 if it has a sort-of a BSD license. Better to invest some time in=20
analysing the license before the import than having the problems=20
afterwards. If everything turns out to be OK then that's fine if it not=20
then we IMHO saved us worries and work... Better safe than sorry.

Cheers,
Marc

--==========1470312259FB8A494103==========

--==========1470312259FB8A494103==========--