Subject: Re: XFree86 4.4.0 has been released
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
From: Marc Recht <recht@netbsd.org>
List: tech-x11
Date: 03/01/2004 13:47:18
--==========E8E9D3068C09BC3F9603==========

> XFree86 4.4.0 has been released yesterday. My current plan is to import
> the new release into NetBSD's repository on Friday if my time schedule
> permits. The release notes are available here:

Shouldn't the implactions of the new license not be discussed first? I=20
didn't analyzed it yet, but from the news reports   I get the impression=20
that there are serious issues with it - which keep (at least) OpenBSD,=20
Debian, Gentoo, RedHat, Mandrake and SuSE from importing it into their=20
tree/distribution.

Cheers,
Marc

--==========E8E9D3068C09BC3F9603==========