Subject: Re: problems with ATI Radeon
To: None <tech-x11@netbsd.org>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: tech-x11
Date: 02/28/2004 11:10:37
"Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com> writes:
> I've got a laptop with an ATI Radeon:
>
> vga0 at pci1 dev 0 function 0: ATI Technologies Radeon Mobility M9 (rev. 0x02)
>
> When I'm running X, and the screensaver blanks the screen, or when the
> machine wakes up from sleep while I'm running X, the screen stays
> blank and cannot be recovered by any obvious means other than
> rebooting.

Following up, I have confirmed that this is a bug in the XFree radeon
driver which was fixed in XFree's -current -- if you check out the X
sources from xfree's anoncvs and build them, the issue goes away.

The question is, patch our xsrc, or wait until the next XFree is
imported?

--
Perry E. Metzger		perry@piermont.com