Subject: Re: IPv6-enabled XFree86 4.4.0 with IPv4-only kernel
To: None <>
From: David Dawes <dawes@XFree86.Org>
List: tech-x11
Date: 01/09/2004 19:33:03
On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 01:04:30AM +0100, Matthieu Herrb wrote:
>David Dawes wrote (in a message from Thursday 8)
> >
> > I need to make a correction to that.  While I could have sworn that it was
> > the default on all platforms, it is only the default on a few platforms
> > (including Linux though).
> >
> > I think it should be the default everywhere.  Something like the attached
> > patch (relative to the current CVS trunk) would do it.
> >
>I think this should be commited. In fact it looks like my last test on
>a IPv4 only kernel was before the last change in the logic there. I've
>commited a patch to add -DPART_NET to and was about to do
>the same for, but I'll be happy to revert the
>part if we change the default.

I've already committed it (and reverted

It looks like the logic was unchanged since before IPv6 was
integrated.  When I checked back to see that I'd tested on a
non-Linux platform with IPv4-only, I found that I was mistaken.

David Dawes
developer/release engineer                      The XFree86 Project