Subject: Re: IPv6-enabled XFree86 4.4.0 with IPv4-only kernel
To: None <devel@XFree86.Org>
From: =?iso-8859-2?Q?Martin_MOKREJ=A9?= <mmokrejs@natur.cuni.cz>
List: tech-x11
Date: 01/08/2004 21:11:59
On Thu, 8 Jan 2004, David Dawes wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 03:09:50AM +0900, Bang Jun-Young wrote:
> >[CC'ed to devel@xfree86.org as well]

> >> What kind of errors/failures are you experiencing ?
> >> I've run the IPv6 enabled XFree86 on machines with v4 only kernels
> >> without problems.
> >
> >The error message is as follows:
> >
> >_XSERVTransSocketOpenCOTSServer: Unable to open socket for inet6
> >_XSERVTransOpen: transport open failed for inet6/krishna.mogua.com:0
> >_XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: failed to open listener for inet6
> >
> >Fatal server error:
> >Failed to establish all listening sockets
>
> You need to include -DPART_NET in your ServerOsDefines.  This makes
> things like that non-fatal.  XFree86 servers build with this option
> by default.

I had the same problem on my Gentoo Linux box, I "fixed" that by enabling
IPv6 in kernel. i just want to point out the flags should get into the
mainstream distribution, or I'm desperate users who missed that critical
requirement in RELNOTES .... :)

--
Martin Mokrejs <mmokrejs@natur.cuni.cz>
PGP5.0i key is at http://www.natur.cuni.cz/~mmokrejs