Subject: Re: Wacom USB tablet and XF86 4.3.0?
To: Matthieu Herrb <matthieu.herrb@wanadoo.fr>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: tech-x11
Date: 01/03/2004 17:37:45
On Sat, Jan 03, 2004 at 10:02:04PM +0100, Matthieu Herrb wrote:
> This is more a question for Lennart. I don't know if usbhidctl could
> be used to do things like that.

It probably could, except I don't think it'd solve the problem of only
setting the feature when the tablet is a Graphire3--I'd still need
some way of getting the vendor and product ID of the device.

Anyway, for now, I just put some code in uhidev.c, and it's working
well. There is a problem with the cordless mouse though; the XF86
driver ignores the "Transducer Index" value, so it can't tell the
difference between the mouse and stylus. Also, the mouse returns the
mouse wheel data and a limited amount of Z-axis information (distance
between tablet at mouse, with higher values the closer the mouse is to
the tablet) in the "Tip Pressure" value. Since the XF86 driver uses
tip pressure as a left button click, it thinks the button is always
down when the mouse is resting on the tablet.

In any case, I'll submit what I have as a change request... thanks for
the help and information! Other than the mouse (which I don't use
anyway; I prefer my regular optical mouse), the tablet works great now
:)
INet: khym@azeotrope.org |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 28 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++