Subject: RE: Update of XFree86 4.3.0 sources
To: None <tech-x11@netbsd.org>
From: David H. Gutteridge <dhgutteridge@hotmail.com>
List: tech-x11
Date: 01/02/2004 18:40:18
Hello,

I was wondering if someone could clarify something for me.  In security
advisory 2003-015 it states:

"Unlike the main NetBSD source tree (src), xsrc is not branched based on
NetBSD versions."

The note below would seem to contradict that statement.  Is this a new
development?.  I'm relatively new to NetBSD and am way behind on my security
updates.

(Being an idiot, I grabbed the latest xsrc tarballs from the FTP site,
compiled them, and discovered I now had 4.3.0.  I'm running
1.6.1-formal/macppc, so I guess point three below mitigates against success.
  Just in case anyone finds this of interest, 4.3.0 compiled for me and the
basics all worked, except I couldn't run many programs because of this
error:

"/usr/X11R6/lib/libXp.so.6: Unsupported relocation type 10 in non-PLT
relocations")

Regards,

David Gutteridge

http://join.msn.com/?page=features/photos&pgmarket=en-ca&RU=http%3a%2f%2fjoin.msn.com%2f%3fpage%3dmisc%2fspecialoffers%26pgmarket%3den-ca