Subject: Re: Wacom USB tablet and XF86 4.3.0?
To: None <matthieu.herrb@laas.fr>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: tech-x11
Date: 01/02/2004 13:57:54
On Fri, Jan 02, 2004 at 08:35:22AM +0100, Matthieu Herrb wrote:
> Well, this uhid0 device looks like a USB mouse. It explains :
> 1) why the device attaches as ums0 in the kernel
> 2) why the usbtablet driver doesn't grok it (it look for an In_range
>    usage in one of the inputs, which is missing there).
>
> You should be able to use it under X by letting the kernel attach it
> as ums0 and configure an InputDevice section in XF86Config for
> /dev/wsmouse1

Yes, I had mentioned in my first message to netbsd-help that it worked
fine as a mouse, but of course, it'd be much more useful as a tablet
with pressure sensitive and absolute positioning :)

> This hid looks more like a digitizer, however the Microsoft pages are
> of course not what the generic USB tablet driver expects. I don't have
> a graphire 3 available to try to decrypt the data in those pages.

I wonder if there's any chance that NetBSD is parsing the descriptor
incorrectly... I didn't look too closely, but it doesn't seem like the
Linux driver does anything different between a Graphire2 and a
Graphire3. I'll look around some more and see what I can find :)

> FYI, here's how a graphire 2 looks like:

Thanks... does a Graphire2 have multiple HID reports, or only that one?
INet: khym@azeotrope.org |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 28 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++