Subject: backspace and xterm
To: None <tech-x11@netbsd.org>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
List: tech-x11
Date: 01/02/2004 16:49:49
Hi

By default, xterm will get ^[[3~ when I hit backspace. This is unusable
with ksh, because ksh can only alias 3 characters, so bind -m
'^[[3~'='^H' won't work. After that command, backspace sends ^H~.

I fix the problem by doing a xmodmap -e "keysym Delete = 0x08", but the
question remain: why is the default unusable? I'm not an X11 expert, so
I have no idea why backspace generates ^[[3~ instead of just ^H, I'd
like to know.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
Il y a 10 sortes de personnes dans le monde: ceux qui comprennent