Subject: Re: porting XF3 servers to XF4
To: None <tech-x11@netbsd.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: tech-x11
Date: 01/02/2004 16:18:02
On Fri, Jan 02, 2004 at 23:02:39 +1100, Tyler Retzlaff wrote:

> > I've also succeeded in cross compiling Xhpc server for hpcmips and the
> > server runs some degree. At least, Xhpc, xterm, oclock, xload and twm
> > seems to be OK. Thank you, matthew!
> >
> > Because Tyler seems to be working for Xhpc cross compiling, I'm sending
> > my patch instead of commiting into the repository. Please find the patch
> > and new files in the attachment.
>
> this all looks pretty good I'm perfectly happy with you committing
> these changes the src/x11 patches you have are nearly identical to
> what I have in my tree.  Also, the hpcarm & hpcsh ports can take
> advantage of the xsrc changes.

Seconded.  I've tried to cross-compile Xhpc for hpcsh with Tyler's
uncommitted sources and the resulting server crashes b/c cfb's
devPrivate is not handled correctly, but at a glance the proposed
patches address this.  But tracking patches to patches for a file that
is not in the cvs is a pain in the behind.

So I'd say commit now, debug later ;).

Thanks.

SY, Uwe