Subject: Re: The case for importing XFree86 4.4.0 RC1
To: None <tech-x11@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
List: tech-x11
Date: 12/14/2003 19:56:14
In article <87ad5vwjyd.fsf@snark.piermont.com>,
	"Perry E.Metzger" <perry@piermont.com> writes:
> Speaking informally for release engineering, it would be nice if some
> of the X gurus could tell us what the apparent 4.4.0 schedule looks
> like at this point.

The current schedule is available on the XFree86 homepage:

Candidate News
[04 December 2003]

We have a Release Candidate for the 4.4.0 release and we are slightly
off-track for making the original Release Target, as we still have
allot of checking, poking, probing and testing to make sure that this
Candidate is stable and secure enough to be marked with the highest
accolade that this Project can bestow Release . To help in that
quarter, we have available some binaries available.

	Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                                  http://scheler.de/~matthias/