Subject: Re: agp support in GENERIC_LAPTOP?
To: None <tech-x11@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
List: tech-x11
Date: 11/29/2003 09:07:17
In article <1070074446.3fc80a4edebc1@micorreo.ucol.mx>,
	Raśl Alvarez Venegas <rav@ucol.mx> writes:
> when running startx I can only see lines and pink ones, and a white
> background screen... it's a GeForce FX Go5200.

In reference to your subject:
You don't really need the agp(4) driver in that case. It is only required
for systems which use onboard AGP graphics like the builtin VGA of
the i810 or i845G chipset.

> Is it supported in this version of XFree86 (4.3.0)?

Apparently not, from your "XFree86.0.log".

(--) NV(0): Chipset: "Unknown NVIDIA chipset"

> Do I have to compile xsrc to get a "newer" version of XFree86?

There is no newer version in "xsrc". I'll intend to import XFree86 4.4.0
later this month if the XFree86 project releases it as promised.

	Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                                  http://scheler.de/~matthias/