Subject: Compiling xfree
To: None <tech-x11@netbsd.org>
From: David Howland <metalliqaz@hotmail.com>
List: tech-x11
Date: 11/19/2003 17:02:21
I've used netbsd for about 3 years now as a workhorse home server (NAT,
httpd,
dhcpd, etc) and of course never even installed X as it wasn't needed.  Now
I'm
trying to get X going on another machine and I have some questions.

1) I use this command to get the sources:
cvs -d $CVSROOT update -rnetbsd-1-6 -PAd xsrc
but as I just found out, there are actually two sets (xc, xfree/xc).  What
would be a better command so that it only took everything in xsrc/ minus
xsrc/xc?  It would save space and time.

2) There doesn't seem to be any documentation on netbsd.org about how to go
about compiling and installing from xsrc.  Am I blind?  If so, please slap
me
and then gimme a link.

3) following from #2, just what is the proper command/procedure for
building?
just "make build" in xsrc/xfree/xc?  do I have to install it or cleandir?

At the moment my machine is NetBSD_1.6.2_RC2

thanks for any help