Subject: Re: releng-current
To: None <tech-x11@NetBSD.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-x11
Date: 11/04/2003 16:53:30
[ On Monday, November 3, 2003 at 15:57:40 (-0700), Jim Bernard wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: releng-current
>
>   If the problem is actually with X sets you've built yourself, then the
> problem is evidently that you're not building as root.  There is support
> for nonroot (MKUNPRIVED) builds of the base system, but I'm unaware of any
> support for that for xsrc.

FYI, it (UNPRIVED=yes builds of xsrc) can be done with relatively little
hacking.  :-)

I now do fully automated builds of netbsd-1-6, including xsrc, complete
from scratch right to the final ISO images, on alpha, i386, and sparc.

Actually I do the xsrc part of sparc manually on an up-to-date sparc
server before running the final "nbmake-sparc iso-image" again on the
i386 machine I use to build for sparc, but that's only because I don't
build the OS for sparc on a sparc (it's too slow even with an SM71), and
I didn't want to try getting the imake cross-build stuff to work,
especially not for the old xsrc/xc still used on sparc.

--
						Greg A. Woods