Subject: Re: pkg-config files
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
List: tech-x11
Date: 10/26/2003 19:51:27
On Sun, Oct 26, 2003 at 01:32:59PM -0600, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Oct 2003, Patrick Welche wrote:
>
> > What are your views on this sort of thing?
>
> It looks good to me. "Imake" already stuffs the run-paths, so
> "pkgconfig" should to. What else would you do?

Well, it seems sensible to me, but I haven't seen it done anywhere. I've
just been in glib gtk+ pango atk hell, with nothing finding anything else,
so I wondered if there was a reason... <ot>(still don't know why I have to
install a publishing system just to have the gtk-doc dependency for a
graphics library..)</ot>

Cheers,

Patrick