Subject: Re: x* sets built from xsrc (was: releng-current)
To: None <mlh@goathill.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-x11
Date: 10/26/2003 12:31:15
[ On Saturday, October 25, 2003 at 15:36:06 (-0500), MLH wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: releng-current
>
> As for something I'm doing, I just build xsrc and if I install from
> there it works and if I build xsets from there (using the xsrc
> instructions) and install them, it doesn't work.

I have, as recently as last week, installed the "x*" sets built on i386,
as well as the sets built on sparc, and about a month ago the sets built
on alpha, and they all work just fine.

I always build and install with DESTDIR != /.  The most recent "test"
was in fact an i386 install from a CD I created that includes the x*
sets.  I have not installed xsrc direct to DESTDIR=/ for over a year.

My builds were done on 1.6.1_STABLE, but of course using the trunk of
xsrc updated on the day I did the builds (since there are no real
branches in xsrc).  What this does mean though is that only my i386
builds of xsrc have used Xfree-4 (i.e. xsrc/xfree/xc).

The only major difference with my environment is that I've hacked things
such that I can do unprivileged builds using a metalog file.

--
						Greg A. Woods