Subject: Re: XF4.3.0 unstable (was Re: Can't use 1600x1280 after upgrade to XF4.3.0)
To: None <tech-x11@NetBSD.ORG>
From: MLH <MLH@goathill.org>
List: tech-x11
Date: 08/18/2003 21:38:16
On 18 Aug 2003 12:55:02 -0500, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> In article <slrnbjnuo1.ikt.MLH@tiamat.goathill.org>,
> 	MLH <MLH@goathill.org> writes:
>> Speaking of XFree 4.3.0, something seriously broke between the
>> build I did on 19 June 2003 and 12 August 2003 :
>
> [...]
>> Build Date: 19 June 2003
> [...]
>> Build Date: 12 August 2003
>
> There were no changes to the XFree86 server sources in NetBSD's "xsrc"
> source in that time frame.

There certainly were changes in the cvs xsrc (possibly give a day
between the cvs checkout and when it was built on June 19) and the
cvs update on Aug 12, but I think it was fairly immediately afterward.
I sat and watched them get installed as I did a cvs up on Aug 12.

> Do you use NetBSD's sources or the XFree86 ones? Do you have any patches
> e.g. the experimental DRI changes in your sources?

Don't know. I'just using the xsrc cvs respository

> Which version of GCC do you use?

gcc version 2.95.3 20010315 (release) (NetBSD nb4)