Subject: Re: configuring X on nVidia Quadro4 380
To: None <tech-x11@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
List: tech-x11
Date: 06/14/2003 06:36:44
In article <20030614160748.A22754@mailhub.air.net.au>,
	Ben Elliston <bje+dated+1056002871.a0a246@air.net.au> writes:
> When starting X, I get a black display and the monitor's LED blinks
> green (Ctrl+Alt+Backspace works to kill the X server).

It sounds like your graphics card is outputing something which the
TFT cannot handle.

> I ran `X -configure' which happily produced a configuration file, but
> when I run X to use that configuration file,

Check "/var/log/XFree86.0.log" to find out what frequencies the X server
is using. You might have to adjust the "Monitor" section in
"/etc/X11/XF86Config". Googling the web might bring up an example
configuration suited for your TFT (it doesn't matter if it's for Linux
or another BSD).

	Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                                  http://scheler.de/~matthias/