Subject: configuring X on nVidia Quadro4 380
To: None <XFree86@XFree86.org, tech-x11@netbsd.org>
From: Ben Elliston <bje+dated+1056002871.a0a246@air.net.au>
List: tech-x11
Date: 06/14/2003 16:07:48
--sm4nu43k4a2Rpi4c

I am having problems configuring XFree86 on a NetBSD/i386 system.
When starting X, I get a black display and the monitor's LED blinks
green (Ctrl+Alt+Backspace works to kill the X server).  The system
details are:

  NetBSD/i386 1.6.1 (GENERIC)
  XFree86 4.3.0
  Samsung SyncMaster 172T TFT display (using DVI input)
  nVidia NV18GL (Quadro4 380 XGL)

I ran `X -configure' which happily produced a configuration file, but
when I run X to use that configuration file, I get the results I
describe above.  Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?  I've not
configured X in almost 10 years, so whatever I did know, I've
forgotten!  Thanks,

Ben

--sm4nu43k4a2Rpi4c

--sm4nu43k4a2Rpi4c--