Subject: Re: XF86 4.x and international fonts
To: None <>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <>
List: tech-x11
Date: 05/07/2003 00:50:37
On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 22:40:15 +0200, Jaromir Dolecek wrote:

> Thus, I'd like to turn HasPerl to YES in, and update
> the XF4 xfonts set to include the additional files. This would
> require anyone building xsrc to have perl installed - this
> might be lame, but I don't think it's overly restrictive.

May be not as a default?  May be add it commented out and put some
prominent note and mandate that "official" xsets builders had it
uncommented?  But otherwise I agree completely.  Myself, I always
build xsrc with HasPerl YES to get all the fonts.

SY, Uwe
--                         |       Zu Grunde kommen            |       Ist zu Grunde gehen