Subject: Re: XFree86 DRI on NetBSD
To: David Hopper <dhop@nwlink.com>
From: Eric Anholt <eta@lclark.edu>
List: tech-x11
Date: 03/19/2003 16:16:55
On Wed, 2003-03-19 at 15:39, David Hopper wrote:
> Eric Anholt wrote:
>
> > 6) someone make a port of driglide (ports/x11-severs/driglide in
> > FreeBSD) to get 3dfx cards working?
>
> Hmm...  Under Alpha, this was the only module so far that compiles with
> Erik's diffs.  Does this imply that I shouldn't bother testing this card
> for DRI quite yet?

If you're asking if glide is required to use DRI with 3dfx cards, yes.
I've actually tried to get the Alpha working with DRI and a voodoo3 on
FreeBSD.  I got the driglide port compiling after fixing a stupid
screwup of mine (next release'll fix it, for now just explicitly disable
amd 3dnow extensions in ./configure), and the server enabled the DRI
fine, glxinfo worked, but when we ran glxgears it had a machine check.
At that point I was lost on what to do.  I would say it's worth a try,
but don't get your hopes up too high.

--
Eric Anholt                                eta@lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt@FreeBSD.org