Subject: fatal server error
To: None <tech-x11@netbsd.org>
From: Jim Kelley <thejim@digitalaustin.com>
List: tech-x11
Date: 03/09/2003 12:40:31
Hi, I just got netbsd installed a few days ago on my iopener and everything was going okay.  I recompiled the kernel and made the stupid mistake of overwriting the original kernel. When I rebooted I found the new kernel was messed up. In order to get things back to normal I ran the upgrade option from the setup boot disk menu.  After I did this X won't start.  It gives this error:

Fatal server error:
xf86MapVidMem: Could not map /dev/vga (Invalid argument)

I check and there is no /dev/vga.  Tried to rebuild the /dev directory but there's still no /dev/vga.  Any ideas how to fix this?

thanks!

Jim