Subject: xfree 4.3.0 on ev4!
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: David Hopper <dhop@nwlink.com>
List: tech-x11
Date: 03/04/2003 20:34:03
Hi all,

I've put up a first shot of my testing results with the in-tree XFree86
4.3.0 on Alpha + the xsrc/20560 diffs at
http://www.nwlink.com/~dhop

Some interesting points to note:

1.  non-BWX alphas work!  This was the biggest surprise, though it works
only with a few cards so far, most a bit older.

2.  The 3dfx card gave me an SRM console on the PWS!  I think the last time
I tried this was an SRM version ago, and it was no dice.

3.  I think this is the most solid release we've had in xsrc on the Alpha
to date.

4.  Still lots of great fun to be had; feel free to forward any (alpha)
results you may have and I'll work them into the matrix.

Good hunting,
Dave