Subject: XFree86 4.3 on NetBSD 1.6 problem
To: None <tech-x11@netbsd.org>
From: David W <djw@spamcop.net>
List: tech-x11
Date: 02/28/2003 14:38:48
I compiled and installed Xfree86 4.3.0 on my NetBSD 1.6 box.
I have a "Matrox Graphics, Inc. MGA G200 AGP rev 1" card.
X basically works but there is an error in the log file that I don't
understand -- it can't find a module.  It could be that it's a optional
acceleration modulation and everything is supposed to be fine.

 From /var/log/Xfree86.0.log I see:

(--) MGA(0): Chipset: "mgag200"
(II) Loading sub module "mga_hal"
(II) LoadModule: "mga_hal"
(WW) Warning, couldn't open module mga_hal
(II) UnloadModule: "mga_hal"
(EE) MGA: Failed to load module "mga_hal" (module does not exist, 0)
(==) MGA(0): Matrox HAL module not loaded - using builtin mode setup instead

any ideas?
-david