Subject: Re: Intel i845G on-board graphics
To: Duncan McEwan <duncan@mcs.vuw.ac.nz>
From: Marshall Rose <mrose+mtr.netnews@dbc.mtview.ca.us>
List: tech-x11
Date: 12/17/2002 17:36:22
> This time I used a current kernel incorporating Shingo WATANABE's patches as
> committed by Steve and XFree86 sources from the XFree86 CVS head (still
> identified by xdpyinfo as 4.2.99.2, but which, at least according to David
> Dawes in http://www.xfree86.org/~dawes/845driver.html, has had signifcant work
> on the i830/840 since the beginning of November).

hi. since i'm following in your footsteps (with a different system), can i ask a
novice question: what command did you run to compile xfree86 after you got it
from cvs? (i've been using the stuff that netbsd packages up, which is great for
ease of installation, but nowhere can i find the FAQ explaining to netbsd users
what to run (besides, presumably, "make") when starting from CVS...

/mtr