Subject: Re: black on black terminal after quitting X
To: None <poff@SDF.LONESTAR.ORG>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
List: tech-x11
Date: 11/07/2002 16:00:08
On Thu, 31 Oct 2002 @ 7:49pm (-0000), poff@SDF.LONESTAR.ORG wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I searched the list, and found a similar problem from someone having a
> black on black terminal...
>
> XFree86 Version 4.2.0
>
> http://poff.sixbit.org/netbsd has a load of my logs and configurations for
> X...

...this problem is old as sin, and no one seems to be able to fix it, and
none of the wscons fixes ever make it back to the xfree86.org tree; normally
it happens with the 'nv' driver.  Happens to to my geforce all the time.

-lava

> I didn't see any solutions to this from the other posts, something about
> changing from 80x50 to 80x25 => how would I do this and would it help?
> (I'm a n00b)
>
> I tryed "reset" and posting a weird string of stuff someone else
> suggested, but to no avail :(
>
> Any ideas? It's the same if I use Ctrl-Alt-F1 or similar during my x
> session.
>
> Thanks,
>
> poff@sixbit.org

later -           | _BonaFide[] = { coder, author, | /~\ The ASCII Ribbon
Brian A. Seklecki | problem solver, scholar, BOFH, | \ / Campaign Against
                  | vegetarian, runner, NetBSD     |  X  Exchange, Outlook
                  | advocate, spiritual machine }; | / \ & HTML Email

PGP: 0111 4618 0111 4618 4AB2 24EB C853 6611 75C4 A91E A7A7 4973