Subject: Re: black on black terminal after quitting X
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
From: None <poff@SDF.LONESTAR.ORG>
List: tech-x11
Date: 11/03/2002 21:22:56
> > Try to build XFree86 4.2.1 from NetBSD's latest sources. Matthias
> Drochner
> > fixed this problem in several drivers.

Well I *finally* managed to do this (I didn't realise /usr has all the
space for me!):

XFree86 Version 4.2.1 / X Window System
Release Date: 3 September 2002
        If the server is older than 6-12 months, or if your card is
        newer than the above date, look for a newer version before
        reporting problems.  (See http://www.XFree86.Org/)
Build Operating System: NetBSD/i386 1.6 [ELF] The NetBSD Foundation, Inc.
Module Loader present

HOWEVER; this doesn't solve the problem for me :( I still have a black
(dark grey) on black terminal after quitting X.

Any other ideas? It's using a Trident driver.

Thanks for your help,

poff@sixbit.org