Subject: Re: black on black terminal after quitting X
To: None <poff@sdf.lonestar.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
List: tech-x11
Date: 11/01/2002 14:15:40
On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 01:05:17PM +0000, poff@sdf.lonestar.org wrote:
> Ok, I had a quick look and there are ports for FreeBSD and OpenBSD but not
> yet NetBSD (binary packages).

I can make some if there's a big demand.

> There is a patch for the source tree, ...

You are talking about the XFree86 site? You shouldn't use their source
distribution, NetBSD has its own one.

> I see you've "imported XFree86 4.2.1 into NetBSD's X11 sources " - I'm
> rather a n00b and the only thing I can manage is pkg_add and pkg_delete.
> Any tips on how to update my version?

Download the files "local.tar.gz", "top-level.tar.gz" and "xfree.tar.gz"
from "ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-current/tar_files/xsrc/" and
untar them in a single directory. Afterwards build and install them
with these commands:

cd xsrc
env USE_XF86_4=yes make build

	Kind regards