Subject: Re: Window manager selection proposal
To: Richard Rauch <>
From: Frederick Bruckman <>
List: tech-x11
Date: 09/15/2002 14:23:37
On Sun, 15 Sep 2002, Richard Rauch wrote:

> Re.
> How would this affect those of us who don't use .xsession stuff, but
> instead "start x" by "startx"?

Not at all, I imagine. I thought we were talking about the default
installation, so I envision it would take the place of "xsm" in xdm's
default Xsession script. Therefore, if you already had an ~/.xsession,
no change. Nor can I imagine why you'd want to mess with "startx",
given that people who like to do things the hard way should already
know what they're doing.