Subject: Re: xdm: xfree 4.2 lossage, or pilot error?
To: Gregory McGarry <g.mcgarry@ieee.org>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-x11
Date: 06/24/2002 21:44:32
On Sun, Jun 23, 2002 at 01:55:36PM +1200, Gregory McGarry wrote:
  | Luke Mewburn wrote:
  | > On a related note, I had problems remotely xdm-ing off an
  | > XFree86 4.2 box from an 8 bit X terminal (NCD HMX), when I was using
  | >         xlogin*logoFileName
  | > (to display an image) when that image used ~ 256 colours.  xdm would
  | > just keep on dying with a weird error.  When I down-sampled the image
  | > to 128 colours all was well.
  |
  | I saw this message come through at the xfree86 mailing list.  Certainly,
  | I don't have this problem on xfree86-current.  Some more pull-ups?

Note, I said "8 bit X terminal (NCD HMX)".  This is a *real mccoy" X terminal.

It looks like the very recent commit to our xsrc:
( cvs rdiff -r1.1.1.1 -r1.2 xsrc/xfree/xc/programs/Xserver/render/miindex.c)
would only fix problems with XFree86 X servers, and X terminals don't
run that; they run their own X server.

Thanks anyway,
Luke.