Subject: Re: X 4.2.0 + Radeon VE
To: None <>
From: Matthias Scheler <>
List: tech-x11
Date: 06/23/2002 17:07:58
In article <>,
	Marton Fabo <> writes:
> But when X is shut down, I don't see anything on the text console. I can
> type commands blindly, so I guess some color setting gets screwed. The very
> first time I exited X, I had the console with dark green text, and I have
> invisible (black) text anytime since then. After a reboot/start X/stop X I
> get the same result.

I can finally reproduce this problem on my system (ATI Radeon 8500). It
happens for me if the X11 server runs with with a depth of 24 bits per
pixel. It does *not* happen if the X11 server uses a depth of 16.

There are probably still bugs in the palette restauration code of
the X11 server. I'll try to get a fix from the XFree86 maintainers.

	Kind regards

Matthias Scheler