Subject: X 4.2.0 + Radeon VE
To: None <tech-x11@netbsd.org>
From: Marton Fabo <morton@eik.bme.hu>
List: tech-x11
Date: 06/17/2002 00:12:46
Hi!

I have 1.5.2 i386, a Radeon VE 64 megs AGP card, and XFree 4.2.0 installed
from binary. It works without much problems (seems to be quite slow with
KDE 3, regarding the AthlonXP 1700+ processor and the quite good (in 2D)
card though).

But when X is shut down, I don't see anything on the text console. I can
type commands blindly, so I guess some color setting gets screwed. The very
first time I exited X, I had the console with dark green text, and I have
invisible (black) text anytime since then. After a reboot/start X/stop X I
get the same result.

Any clues?

thx
mortee