Subject: Re: X11 + 80x50 screens + NVidia TNT = black screen?
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
From: None <krp@freeshell.org>
List: tech-x11
Date: 05/17/2002 18:17:06
On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 01:21:24PM +0200, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 01:16:43PM +0200, Bjoern Labitzke wrote:
> > * Matthias Scheler (tron@zhadum.de) Tue, May 07, 2002 at 09:18:32AM +0000:
> > > I definitely made bug fixes to XFree86 after that point of time. You
> > > should rebuild "xsrc" and see if the problem persists.
> >
> > I recompiled X11 two days ago and the problem persists.
>
> It looks like the server fails to restore paletter or the video mode properly.

nope, you're wrong. i am *sure* the problem doesn't come from X. I have two i386, both running on current. Both have a different video card (a s3 and a nvidia) and both run different X servers (XF86_S3 v 3.3.6 for the s3 and 4.2.0 for the nvidia). Before i upgraded the pc with the s3 to current, i had 7 80x50 terminals and was running out of the box. I upgraded to current (to test merino's code on wsmouse) and i had the problem you reported.
So the bug is in the wscons code wich doesn't refresh the screen.

Anyway, i said i am sure, but would be pleased to be wrong ;-)
(i will be looking at the code of wscons, and also looking at diffs between 1.5.2 and -current)

bye

--
Run NetBSD --- www.NetBSD.org

Ooops ! i think i just sended my cat to /dev/null :-)
								- me (hum..)