Subject: Re: X11 + 80x50 screens + NVidia TNT = black screen?
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
From: Bjoern Labitzke <Bjoern.Labitzke@t-online.de>
List: tech-x11
Date: 05/17/2002 13:31:22
* Matthias Scheler (tron@zhadum.de) Fri, May 17, 2002 at 01:21:24PM +0200:

> It looks like the server fails to restore paletter or the video mode
> properly.
>
> > Sounds like a PR is needed...
>
> A PR will probably not help. I'm not aware of any experts on VGA
> voodoo magic in the NetBSD project - that is one of the reasons why
> we use XFree86. It would be more helpful if you submit a bug to the
> XFree86 people.

When this problem existed for 80x25 terminals, someone from NetBSD
corrected it. What I don't understand: I have a 80x25 console and
80x50 terminals. After using X11, the 80x50 terminals are black (and
completely black!) while the console in 80x25 stays fine. If X11 were
doing something very wrong, I'd expect the behaviour to influence both
the console and the terminals.

Bye,
Bjoern

--
Bjoern Labitzke  <hermit@cs.tu-berlin.de>
   Use GPG! (Don't you use envelopes for your letters?)