Subject: X11 + 80x50 screens + NVidia TNT = black screen?
To: NetBSD X11 related <tech-x11@NetBSD.org>
From: Bjoern Labitzke <Bjoern.Labitzke@t-online.de>
List: tech-x11
Date: 05/05/2002 13:36:11
Hello...

My system used to work fine: X11 no longer dimmed all the terminals on
my NVidia Viper 550. Then I found out, that 80x50 screens are possible
without problems. But now I have a new problem: After system boot
everything is okay. X11 is started via xdm. I can use X11 and the
virtual terminals just fine. But after closing the X11 session for the
first time, all my 80x50 terminals are completely black except showing
a cursor. Obviously I can continue to work normally on them, seeing
the cursor move, but no characters appear. Funny enough, my console,
which is running 80x25 is still readable and does not experience any
problems.

Should I do something else or does this sound like a real problem? In
the latter case I'll send-pr it. I just want to get a second opinion
on it before that.

Bye,
Bjoern

--
Bjoern Labitzke  <hermit@cs.tu-berlin.de>
   Use GPG! (Don't you use envelopes for your letters?)