Subject: Re: 4.2.0 working or still broken?
To: None <tech-x11@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
List: tech-x11
Date: 03/27/2002 09:41:12
Perry E. Metzger <perry@wasabisystems.com> wrote:
> Have the problems with 4.2.0 been fixed or are they still a problem
> right now?

The fixes from PR port-i386/15404 have been integrated in the meantime.

> I'm rather scared as the 1.6 release cycle is about to
> start and it seems that the head of the CVS tree has a broken XFree...

1.) There are no branches in our X11 sources.

2.) The default XFree86 version for *all* ports is still 3.3.6. So unless
    Frank van der Linden switches the port-i386 to use XFree86 4.2.0 by
    default there is absolutely no problem for the upcoming NetBSD 1.6
    release because 3.3.6 is stable.

The interesting question is if we want to switch the i386 port to
XFree86 4.2.0 for the 1.6 release. My sugestion is to make 4.2.0 the
default after the 1.6 branch has been created. If there are no
showstoppers after a month we pull that change up to the 1.6 branch.

	Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                                  http://scheler.de/~matthias/