Subject: Re: Backout XF 4.2 for now?
To: Martin Husemann <>
From: Matthias Scheler <>
List: tech-x11
Date: 03/04/2002 09:02:52
On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 08:26:21AM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
> We will hopefully have a release soon. Depending on branch/tag policy
> for xsrc this will bring us to a point (more or distant in the future)
> where we need to decide what X to ship with the release.

Shipping 4.1.0 with 1.6 is no option because it lacks support for some
new popular graphics boards.

> We will have a 1.5 branch release very soon - which xsrc will we shipping
> with that? Is xsrc only tagged for the release or is it properly branched?

1.) 1.5.3 will be shipped with XFree86 3.3.6 as usual. So there is no
2.) "xsrc" has never been branched but only tagged in the past.

> As you see I'm actively trying to *solve* the problem instead of defining it
> a non problem by backing out the import.

Very much appreciated.

> I don't want to discrediate the work happening in xsrc, I realy like it!
> Maybe my original message sounded to harsh, I apologize if this is the case.

I'm not offended. I'm just trying to avoid the backout which would be a
big loss for the NetBSD project.

	Kind regards

Matthias Scheler