Subject: Re: keyboard rreeppeeaatt pprroobbleemm
To: None <tech-x11@netbsd.org>
From: Teemu Rinta-aho <teemu.rinta-aho@nomadiclab.com>
List: tech-x11
Date: 12/18/2001 10:38:50
On Mon, 17 Dec 2001, Teemu Rinta-aho wrote:

> Hubert Feyrer wrote:
>
> > I use XFree 4.1.0 from xsrc as of ~20011020 on a Toshiba Portege
> > 4000. When typing in X, I have the problem that many keys get sent in
> > twice, resulting in usellesss ccommannds typedd  that have to be
> > corrected  all thee ttime.
>
> In case you haven't found a fix yet, It seems like this problem can be
> fixed with an XKB option. I haven't been testing it very long, but it looks
> promising. You can find details at
>
> http://www.rinta-aho.org/portege4000/

Now it seems that after a while (15-30 min) the X has been
started, the BounceDelay option resets or changes by itself,
as the problem suddenly comes back and you have to restart
X to get rid of it. Now does anyone know more of this problem,
or the BounceDelay option in overall and where it is stored
and is it possible that it is changing spontaneously, or
is this hardware really evil? ;-)

--
Teemu Rinta-aho                    Tel: +358 9 299 3078
NomadicLab, Ericsson Research      Mobile: +358 40 562 3066