Subject: keyboard rreeppeeaatt pprroobbleemm
To: None <tech-x11@netbsd.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-x11
Date: 11/02/2001 04:17:43
I use XFree 4.1.0 from xsrc as of ~20011020 on a Toshiba Portege
4000. When typing in X, I have the problem that many keys get sent in
twice, resulting in usellesss ccommannds typedd  that have to be
corrected  all thee ttime.

The funny thing is that this only happens when typing *fast* in X. I do
not face the problem when typing very slowly (1 key-press per second), and
it doesn't occur on the console either. Has anyone seen this, and/or know
how to deal with it?

Here's my InputDevice section from /etc/XF86Config:

	Section "InputDevice"
	        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
	        Driver      "keyboard"
   	        Option "Protocol"        "Standard"
	        Option "AutoRepeat"      "1500 90"
	        Option "LeftAlt"         "Meta"
	        Option "ScrollLock"      "Compose"
	        Option "XkbKeycodes"     "xfree86"
	EndSection

I've already played with various settings for AutoRepeat, but that doesn't
seem to make a difference. Here is the relevant(?) section from dmesg:

	pckbc0 at isa0 port 0x60-0x64
	pckbd0 at pckbc0 (kbd slot)
	pckbc0: using irq 1 for kbd slot
	wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay0

 - Hubert

* Basics -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/05/24/ipv6_tutorial.html
* Setup  -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/06/01/ipv6_tutorial.html
Of course with your #1 IPv6 ready operating system -> http://www.NetBSD.org/