Subject: Confirm version level of XFree410
To: X11 List <tech-x11@netbsd.org>
From: None <wjhud@jps.net>
List: tech-x11
Date: 08/12/2001 07:14:45
I am wondering if anyone else has run this check because
I am puzzed by the result I obtain.

After installing netbsd 1.5.1, I installed Hubert Feyrer's
XFree410 snapshot. Everything went well.

As expected, there were major differences when I ran
xf86config with the original XFree336 and whith the
new XFree410. Both, provided proper support for my
hardware.

After installing XFree410, I wanted to check the X version
with the command:   'xdpyinfo |  grep  release'
The answer was:  'release  4010000'

I'm sure there's something I don't understand here.
Is xdpyinfo saying I have installed version 4.01,
or is there some other explanation for this answer?

TIA,

Bill Hudspeth