Subject: Re: USB tablets.
To: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@rice.edu>
List: tech-x11
Date: 08/11/2001 20:12:18
> > (a) How likely is it to ``just work'' if I get another USB tablet?  (In
> > theory or in practice...has anyone just tried it and found that it
> > works---or doesn't---with Lennart's driver?)
>
> It's fairly likely, I'd say.  And if it doesn't, the driver probably only
> needs some minor modifications.

Cool.  Might be worth grabbing one and giving it a try, then.  I'll
probably go ahead and do that and let people know what I find out.

> > (b) Can someone provide an XFree86 configuration snippet showing how a
> > tablet should normally be configured?  (I'm currently running on v3.3.6,
> > if that matters; if the config file format changes in this regard, though,
> > a v4.x sample config might also be nice to see.  (^&)
>
> I have a config filesome where.  Noone has ported the USB tablet driver
> to 4.x yet.

(nod)

4.x is only contingently of interest to me, right now.  It would be a
bigger deal if I could get DRI support---but I don't know of anyone
working on that, and haven't had time to even look at it myself.

If you could dig up the 3.x config, or the tablet-related parts thereof,
that'd be handy.  (You have to enable the XIE module, first, correct?
The config docs seemed a little murky on that point when I read them...)