Subject: Re: oroborus
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Jason R. Fink <jrf@cyberspace.org>
List: tech-x11
Date: 05/30/2001 10:06:03
> > the -Wl option came up bad with my current version of gmake
> > (gmake-3.79.1) but I was able to add -R{$XROOT} to my CFLAGS as well
> > as -USE_X11. Neither one worked.
>
> Um, USE_X11 is a variable for the pkg Makefile, e.g.
> USE_X11=yes

uuuuh, i knew that i swear, i was just testing you :D

> for the -Wl,-R part, you have to pass that to gcc/cc in the Makefile that
> comes with the distfile, probably by patching a Makefile.in or so.

no and i think that may be part of the problem. within the Makefile
I was able to add -R${XROOT} (which the author has set to /usr/X11R6).

I wonder if setting up a configure script for it (in the distribution)
might not be wiser. Then (hopefull) the configure script will know
where to find the proper libs.

I dunno, it has been a long time since I setup one of those.

Also the reason I have posted this to tech-x11 is I want to try running
oroborus for a bit before putting a package together.

This might also be a case where working directly with the author(s)
might be better.

	jrf

---
jrf@cyberspace.org http://www.cuberspace.org/~jrf/
Professor;   "There are no double positives in languages."
Student;     "Yeah, right."