Subject: screen switching with voodoo 5500
To: None <tech-x11@netbsd.org>
From: Joseph Sarkes <jsarkes@tiac.net>
List: tech-x11
Date: 05/11/2001 09:27:25
Due to needing the ati card I was using for another task, I
now have a 3dfx voodoo 5500 card in my netbsd machine. when
I startx and then do a ctrl-alt-f[1-7] to go back to my text
terminals, I get nothing but a black screen. ctrl-alt-f8 gets
me back to my xwindows just fine. This isn't unliveable, just
so long as xwindows doesn't crash on me. Otherwise I end up
doing a blind reboot on a text terminal.

Anyways, The same thing used to happen to the ati rage fury
that I was using prior to 4.0.3 as I recall. Does anyone
have any pointers on how to fix this, or even a fast fix
available from actual understanding of what is happening?

I can always go out and get another ati card if it isn't
worth pursuing, as 3d labs seems to have disappeared from the
land of capitalism, and is now bankers cannon fodder.

--
Joseph Sarkes		jsarkes@tiac.net