Subject: Re: Xfree86 4.1.0
To: None <email@example.com>
From: Bernd Ernesti <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 03/26/2001 00:37:24
On Sat, Mar 24, 2001 at 04:50:20PM +1100, Andrew van der Stock wrote:
> Bernd (and others),
I am out of any NetBSD things in the next few weeks, but
> I'm working off the cvs tree that will become 4.1.0 sooner than later. As
> the Alpha doesn't quite run in 4.0.3 and we're not nearly ready for a point
> release (ie 1.5.1) any time before 4.1.0 comes out, can we import the CVS
> head tree for 4.1.0?
I don't like to see an import of any experimental (-current) XFree versions
That part should be stable. It is enought work to cope with NetBSD-current,
we don't need another -current version which we need to fix when it comes to
We also need to decide when we want to switch to XF 4.x and how we can make
that move, but I am sure that wouldn't happen for NetBSD 1.6.
What we can do is to build both X11 version, but we have to decide which
one we take for pkgsrc, and here I think we should stay with 3.x for the
> I'd also like to suggest cooperation with the FreeBSD guys wrt bsd_video.c.
> They're busy making changes there that are the possible reason that 4.0.3
> doesn't build easily for us.
Yes, we should do that, but I don't have the time to do that. IMHO Simon
should do that if he has the time.