Subject: building kdrive (tinyx)
To: None <tech-x11@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-x11
Date: 01/26/2001 12:14:51
I want to build kdrive (tinyx) for putting X on a floppy for use with an
installer.

(kdrive/tinyx is a xfree86 4.0.x addition.)

Does anyone have experience or hints with building kdrive (tinyx)?

I grabbed the CVS xsrc tree. I understand that is has both 3.3.x and
4.0.x.

I created xfree/xc/config/cf/host.def with:
 #define BuildServersOnly
 #define KDriveXServer YES
 #define ProjectRoot /usr/kdrive

I tried a "make World" under xc/xfree and received:
 gcc -o imake -O2 -ansi -Dasm=__asm -Wall -Wpointer-arith      imake.o
 -L/usr/kdrive/lib     -Wl,-rpath,/usr/kdrive/lib
 -Wl,-rpath-link,../../exports/lib
 + rm -f xmakefile.bak
 + mv xmakefile xmakefile.bak
 make   xmakefile
 ./config/imake/imake -I./config/cf  -s xmakefile -DTOPDIR=. -DCURDIR=.
 In file included from config/cf/Imake.tmpl:1724,
                  from Imakefile.c:12:
 Imakefile:11: syntax error
 ./config/imake/imake: Exit code 1.
   Stop.
 *** Error code 1

Does anyone know where I can find documentation (maybe NetBSD
specific) about building kdrive?

If there is a more appropriate list for my questions, please direct me.

Please Cc -- I am not subscribed to this list. Thanks.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/