Subject: Re: Changes to XF4 to support aperture driver by default
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Johnny C. Lam <lamj@stat.cmu.edu>
List: tech-x11
Date: 01/19/2001 09:41:11
Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com> writes:

> On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, Johnny C. Lam wrote:
>
> > I also modify "NetBSDApertureDir" to default to "/usr/pkg", which is
> > the location for the pkgsrc sysutils/aperture driver.
>
> That doesn't seem right. Wouldn't it make more sense to change the package
> to install to ${X11BASE}?

I think it was put in to /usr/pkg since XFree86-3.3.x "recommended"
that it be placed in /usr/local/aperture.  It could certainly be moved
without much gnashing of teeth.  There are some other issues
concerning XF4 and 3rd party packages that need to also be addressed
in making XF4 our default X installation that'll address in a separate
email.

	Cheers,

     -- Johnny C. Lam <lamj@stat.cmu.edu>
        Department of Statistics, Carnegie Mellon University
        http://www.stat.cmu.edu/~lamj/