Subject: Re: [I18n] project fork?
To: None <i18n@XFree86.Org>
From: Chester <chester@linux.org.tw>
List: tech-x11
Date: 12/21/2000 14:09:58
> > viable option.
> >
> > If you'd care to address those points, please do so.
>
> Huh?
> Only meaningful objection I've heard is a problem about
> multi-thread multi-locale program.
>
> And as I already said, the Xutf8 API doesn't solve the problem.
> The only option to solve this problem is to make (very few) APIs
> which have explicit locale argument.
>
> In other words, Xutf8 APIs don't solve real problem, don't add
> any new feature, only add incompatiblity and make code bloat.
> --
> soda

Ya,please make it compatible with most of old one!
We have made a lot of effort on the XIM/XOM architecture,although it's not
really multi-langual soluation in the world,but it's useful for the CJK
people.

And we are plan to put the X architecture on to the IA devices,of course
PDA,it didn't need any multi-langual function on it.
If you could ,make a compatible with old !

Thanks,

Chester