Subject: Re: [I18n] Re: XFree86 4.0.2 released
To: None <i18n@XFree86.Org>
From: Robert Brady <robert@suse.co.uk>
List: tech-x11
Date: 12/20/2000 12:36:10
On Wed, 20 Dec 2000 hiura@unicode.org wrote:

> We wanted to belive XFree86 justice, fairness, and democracy, but we
> might be wrong.

Haha.

XFree86 never claimed to be a democracy.  If you think we suck, feel free
to fork and make your own project.  Thats the fundamental freedom given to
you in free software.

Have you done a headcount of people who want this vs people who
don't?  How do you determine who is eligible to vote? One thing about
democracies is that sometimes you don't get your way.

One thing about free software, is that the maintainers and developers get
to decide what goes in. And by that I mean real developers who actually
contribute code, not back-seat developers who seem to only criticise.

If, as it seems, you cannot come up with a sound technical argument, but
have to resort to politics, I am saddened.

--
Robert Brady
robert@suse.co.uk